Friday 12 December 2014

Review - Vivien of Holloway lined pencil skirt in 'pink tartan'

This review shall be looking at the Vivien of Holloway (VoH) lined pencil skirt in 'pink tartan'.
I really wanted something from the Black Friday sales. I didn't want to pay high overseas postage so opted for something from home. I eventually came across the VoH Instagram (@vivienofholloway) and found the 24% off code, which entitled the user to 24% off their order across the whole online store.

I had lusted over this skirt for ages, so when I saw that it was also in the sale, retailing at £49 down from £59, I was a happy bunny.
With the 24% off code this made the skirt a much more affordable price of £37.24

UK standard delivery cost £5. The item was dispatched on Tuesday 2nd December and arrived on Friday 5th December. Some friends who had ordered from America/Australia on Black Friday had their orders arrive quicker, even though mine was from the same city.

A close- up of the zip
A close-up of the lining
I already own two VoH pencil skirts in 'petrol' and 'brown plaid'. Both of which I love. They go well with a variety of jumpers and blouses, depending on whether you are aiming for sweater girl or office chic. The material is good quality and keeps me well insulated in the colder months. The extra lining helps add another layer, especially as I prefer to continue wearing thin stockings during the winter!
The zip is well attached and moves with ease.

A close-up of the print
 The pencil skirts come in a variety of sizes. Ensure that you check your size against the size chart before buying as they go by 'vintage sizing' and are not normal UK sizing. VoH skirts go down a lot smaller than some other reproduction brands. I bought the size 10 which is the 24" waist. Despite the fact that I am a 22" waist, these skirts do fit me rather well. There is not much stretch in these skirts so if you are in between sizes and unsure which to go for, go for the bigger size. I recommend visiting the shop if you are able to. The girls will be happy to measure you and get the perfect fit. There is a store in London and a new one in Australia. Visit the website for more details: http://www.vivienofholloway.com

Front View
Back View
 
Another thing that I like about the VoH pencil skirts is the length, as they are much longer than other reproduction companies which I personally feel gives a more authentic shape and style. 
One thing I noticed when I took my skirt for it's first outing was that the lining kept riding up. I have never had this problem with my other two pencil skirts, so it could just be a fault with this skirt. 

This pencil skirt comes in a wide variety of colours, all of which I would happily embrace into my wardrobe. I plan on buying more of these pencil skirts in the future.

  • Choice: Excellent
  • Cost: Average of reproduction stores
  • Sizing: Small - Accurate (Recommend a shop fitting)
  • Postage and packaging: Average cost, average time 
Inspiration for what to wear with the skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...